So….technically it’s the day after Father’s Day now and I finally get to sit down and write about how much me and the boys love you and how much we think you’ve hung the moon, however, like most days reality happens to be that “it’s just another day” and for us a day with “stuff” that has to been done, lots of stuff and more than my tired mind really wants to explore or think back through right now. Since yesterday was your day and truly it got skimmed over as another day in paradise with lies, let me point out the things I noticed all the while your day was being used up on things out of your control:
- You (and NOT me) started off saving the day by hearing the wonder dog’s cry for a 911 call to nature!
- When I got up from bed the Tot was happily in your arms on the couch! (Not a big deal you say? So far, in 3 years of me waking up late after you and the kids on the weekends, I can almost always bet money that they are somewhere snuggled up to you or by you! Besides the Superhero himself, that would include 5 different foster children whom all felt very comfortable around you!) I think THAT speaks volumes for you as a dad!
- You found the misnamed cartoon that the Superhero has wanted to watch for days! (Yay! Finally, we can rid him of Teen Titians!)
- You fed both apples and M & M’s to the boys in the same ratio ~ good job balancing it all out!
- You kept up with how many stinky diapers were changed while I was at the grocery store like it was part of your chore chart! (Not necessary but your attention to detail was fab!)
- After cutting your finger to get the dog bone unstuck from the lawnmower, you stayed the distance and cut the grass anyway!
- Even after cutting the grass with the bandaged hand, you willingly rode the Tot up and down the street on the lawnmower…… because it made him happy!
- You helped the Hero with his homework, bathtime, and bedtime tonight! (Not to mention you washed the Tot too!)
- You planned a breakfast date with the Superhero and even told him about it yourself tonight at dinner.
There are other things to point out, I’ sure, but these are the ones that mean the most to us! Me, because I love you because you love and do for them so wonderfully! You do not get the full credit you deserve, you will not see that happen ….you know our life is full with busy hands that means me and you will get mad more than we will pass each other with smiles most days ……I think this is because we both want the same end results! Don’t worry Daddy Oatmeal ~ So many good things are happening for the Superhero, he’s growing and maturing by leaps and bounds and it’s exciting to be apart of it even when “tired” comes to mind first! I know the other worry you carry too “Evans party of 4” ~ I know you want to hear that sweet sound and know that it’s not going to change from one week to the next! I know this worry too! It is just around the corner! I believe that, I do! One thing I also know, we walk this together ~ as the unique parents that we are!
In the mean time I’ll keep dodging dog bowls if you’ll keep having a bad aim, Ha!